Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Makin' Progress

The painters arrived ten minutes early, at 7:20am. They busted their asses, scraping, skim coating walls, and prepping for the first coat of Benjamin Moore Fresh Start Primer. We are making progress inside of the Green Monster.

Over the last two days, in anticipation of the arrival of the painters, I removed the New England Brickmaster brick work in the kitchen, and ripped up the newish carpet in the living room, exposing the hardwood floors. I note that when all of the floors were refinished, the living room was not. I will be calling in my team of experts to sand and refinish the hardwood in the living room, and to match it to the rest of the house. Impossible, you say? Not for my excellent floor guy.

As for the outside, the front porch is finally nearing completion (after about three more days than originally estimated by the carpenters). Some new newell posts, from the G.V. Moore Lumber Company will make the front look awesome. The changes to this house are amazing, and once the painting and kitchen floor are completed, the house goes back on the market.

Right now, I am anticipating a May 15th listing date, and I am sure that this is not unreasonable, given the progress that we are making.

I continue to haul away trash, and yet another run to the dump is scheduled for tomorrow.

The costs, thus far, are slightly higher than I anticipated; however, I am still expecting to come in around my original estimate of $10,000.00. I figure that if I am within 20% of that figure, I have done all right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home